“Make In India”
“Vocal For Local”
“Support Small Business”
“Boycott Chinese Goods”
The names are many, but the intention is the same- boosting small local businesses.
The Covid-19 pandemic has spelt disaster for businesses all over the world. Job cuts, migration from cities to villages, halted infrastructure, decreased spending- all these are taking a toll on the economic growth and the road to recovery is not in sight.
Many countries already burdened with a collapsing health system are coming up with stimulus packages to recover the economy. One of the strongest and motivating solutions has been the step towards supporting local businesses.
A spin-off of the famous ‘Swadeshi movement’, ‘vocal for local’ is gaining momentum not only in India but also throughout the world, albeit in different ways. In America, President Donald Trump had coined the term “America First” to endorse populist nationalism in international trade and globalization.
It comes as no surprise that the government has told the e-commerce companies to display “country of origin” for all goods sold online in India so that buyers can make an informed decision. Given that the impetus is on local, it is a golden opportunity for local businesses to cash in on the increasing nationalist fervor and rise to the occasion.
A simple and cost-effective way for local businesses to increase their reach is through online marketing. It is no wonder that many social media platforms have already taken the plunge in promoting local small online businesses. Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, Twitter- have taken various measures to help businesses sell their goods online.
Let us see how local businesses can promote their services online.
Social media platforms are a cost-effective and easy way to do business. Given the increase in social media viewing, you should engage your customers on it and try means to gain new followers.
But, be sure to have an appropriate social media strategy so that you build brand consistency and loyalty to have a good and lasting online presence. From your social media profile optimization to paid campaigns- you have the best techniques to help your business grow. A good social media manager will help you with social media optimization techniques.
>> Join online communities and forums that are in plenty on these social media platforms. This not only helps you to grow your network but gives you loads of ideas and information.
>> Contribute through suggestions on industry-specific forums so that you add value to your business.
>> Leverage the power of social media influencers and bloggers on Instagram and YouTube. Start with the local influencers first for getting a taste of the local market before you plunge to wider markets.
>> Create posts in the form of images and videos as a resource for marketing your business online.
>> Run contests and offer gifts to gain new followers and raise brand awareness.
>> Make full use of hashtags, location, tagging and trending topics to drive instant traffic.
>> Go live on social media or conduct webinars with content that provides value to the viewers.
Listing your business on Google My Business is a great way to rank yourself on top of the local search results.
>> Optimize your GMB profile and work on getting good customer reviews. This will work wonders for your business.
>> There are other online directories like Yellow Pages, IndiaMart, Sulekha, JustDial, HelloIndia and so on that will help you rank higher.
>> Many offer a free listing and charge for upgraded services. Pick some of the best online listings and pay for the annual subscription. Check if you are getting increased traction. If yes, you can continue to opt for their paid services.
Many digital marketing experts will help you with profile optimization for online listings.
Get your e-commerce website and mobile app built so that you can redirect viewers from your social media posts to your home page or products page. A website helps in building credibility and lets people make purchasing decisions easier and faster.
Even if you have many social media followers, a working e-commerce website is a must.
>> With the website, you have full control on what your customers can see and for how long it has to be visible.
>> Also, with an e-commerce store, customers can just search the product what they like instead of going through the posts on social media.
>> Many online companies allow you to set up a basic website. But we would recommend you to get it done from an expert e-commerce web development company because you would want your website design to be neat, user-friendly and easily attract customers.
>> The other benefit of having an e-commerce website is that you can write blog posts that inform visitors about your products and services. Also, it improves your chances of ranking higher in the SERP.
Digital marketing is a vast field and you can select strategies that fit your budget and improve the audience reach.
>> A website pays dividends when you do a thorough SEO analysis. We would recommend that you perform keyword research through an SEO expert to stay on top of the search results.
>> The keywords can be put to use in the website content and blogs to improve the chances of search engine rankings.
>> Create backlinks to your website. This can be done by commenting on other relevant website blog posts or by writing guest blogs on other websites. Backlinks can also be created through many do-follow links on high ranking websites.
>> Check the website speed and use as many on-page and off-page optimization techniques to rank your website better.
>> The other forms of digital marketing are through paid Google PPC ads, social media campaigns, influencer marketing, Email & mobile advertising.
>> The pay-per-click (PPC) ads are the most cost-effective when it comes to online advertising given you design your campaign properly. Take the help of a digital marketing expert to design campaigns and run it for better-targeted reach and leads.
Though SMS marketing can be considered as mobile marketing more than online marketing, yet we will combine it here in the same category. SMS and email marketing are the cheapest forms of marketing.
>> Promote any new product launch by sending personalized emails to customers. A well- written email is one sure way to help customers keep updated about your business products/services.
>> SMS marketing is the cheapest and most effective marketing strategy when you need to offer any coupon code, discount or launch any new product or service. Contact any best SMS marketing service provider to send bulk SMS to your customers.
The best way for people to know about your product/service is to offer them something for free either in the form of products, consultation or basic package.
>> Social media is a great platform to run contests that will increase brand awareness and help you gain new followers.
>> You can also take the help of social media influencers by providing them freebies so that they promote your brand.
Now is the right time for small businesses to follow online marketing techniques. They have to step forward and invest their time and effort into it. If your business belongs to the SME category, have you taken the plunge into digital marketing? You can contact a good digital marketing expert and start with the basic plan in the beginning. You can also opt for the profile optimization package so that you get an increased reach.
Start before it is too late. It is now or never.
Google My Business profile optimization techniques are simple. You just need to allot less than an hour to complete it and make sure that you share posts on it just the way you do on your other social media accounts. By doing this, be sure that you are on the right track to rank higher in your local listings.
If you are talking about local SEO, registering your business on Google My Business is a must. After successful registration, Google My Business profile optimization is wherein you put your local SEO efforts to use.
Without much ado, let us leap into Google My Business profile optimization techniques.
After successful verification, Google My Business takes you to your dashboard. It is here that you define your business and get more people to visit it. And, of course, our Google My Business profile optimization techniques start here.
On the left side of your dashboard are the features of Google My Business like
You have the option to even create ads or add/manage locations. Let us see what relevance each one holds for local search optimization.
Here you fill in all the basic and necessary details of your business. This is the first and foremost thing that is visible to the customers. You have to fill in/edit details like-
1. The name of your business
2. Its category and sub-category
4. Service areas
5. Timings of service
6. Special hours if any
7. Contact details
8. Website address
9. Attributes (like special highlights, wheelchair accessible entrance, amenities, offerings, accepted payment modes, planning)
10. Description (750 characters in total, of which only the first 250 characters appear in the viewer’s page succeeded by ‘Read More’ link)
11. Opening date
Fill in all the details as it helps customers to know more accurately about your business. Apply and save the changes you have made.
Use your business-related keywords and search phrases in the description. The description can include a brief introduction to your business or any other important message that you want to convey.
You can also customize working hours for holidays or special events.
1. Anyone can suggest an edit to your business listing. So, you must fill in the right details rather than someone suggesting it for you.
2. Sometimes, it takes time (2-3 days) for Google to make the changes visible on the local listing.
Business listings with photos receive 35% more clicks and 42% more requests for driving directions to the business location.
The photos help the customers in locating your business. It also gives them an idea about your store, your team and the products or services. In the photo section, you have can upload photos regarding the-
1. Interior of your office or business location (upload the photos of interiors so that the customers know beforehand how your business looks. It is very useful for restaurants, coffee shops, library, clinics, studios, classes, service centers and so on.)
2. Exterior (this helps customers identify the building from the exterior as they approach it)
3. Products (the customers know and get a better understanding of the available products or services in your business)
4. Logo (this gives a distinct identity to your business)
5. Cover photo (Google does not guarantee you that this will be the first image displayed for your business, but add it to boost your local SEO)
6. Team (Add lively team photos either individual or group so that customers feel connected)
Depending on your business type you even get to upload photos of-
--> Common areas
--> Food & drink
--> Photos at work
The best standards in photos for Google My Business optimization are-
· JPG or PNG
· 720*720 pixels
· 10KB to 5MB
· As natural as possible (No use of excessive filters.)
You can also upload videos about your business and its offerings. A short video regarding the products and services you offer will help you stay ahead of your competitors. Remember, it is best when you get your video done from a professional. The video guidelines are-
· At least 30 seconds long
· 100 MB file size
· Good resolution of more than 720p
The problem with uploading videos is that it gets mixed with the photos. So, a video will not be placed at the first of the photo list. Nevertheless, product photos help customers in their purchasing decisions.
This photo section on the dashboard segregates photos uploaded by the owner and the customers. If you find that any of the customer-uploaded images are irrelevant or offensive, then you can remove them.
The ratings and reviews hold considerable importance in customer decisions. We all know that better reviews are good for any business. Encourage customers to review you on Google and leave feedback.
But, sometimes, businesses do get lesser ratings and bad reviews. You can always ask for one more chance from an unsatisfied customer. This will imply to the customer that you take the complaints seriously and work to resolve them.
The review section shows all the ratings and reviews. Reply to these reviews for better local search optimization and customer satisfaction improvement.
Moreover, replying to reviews helps in trust-building and influences other people to leave their reviews.
Google My Business now provides a shareable link for ratings and reviews that can be shared with your customers. This link directly takes them to the rating section to encourage them to leave feedback.
This new feature of Google My Business helps you to connect even more with your customers.
Posting at least 2-3 times a week helps you get more clicks and boosts your Google rankings. Google offers the option to share this post on other social media accounts directly or through a copy link option.
Let us see how we can optimize posts on Google My Business.
Offer- Write posts about the discount offers or limited-time deals on products or services. This allows you to set a start and end date for the promotion offer. You can also add coupon code, link to redeem the offer and terms & conditions.
Event- Just like other social media accounts that allow you to post events, Google My Business also allows you to create a post for the event.
1. Event Title
2. Start & End Date
3. Event Details
4. CTA button like Call Now, Buy, Sign Up, Order Online, Learn More, or Book
What’s New- Whenever your business launches a new product or service, make it known to people using the ‘What’s New’ post. Moreover, adding the Learn More button gives you the option to add a link so that viewers can be taken to your business website.
Product- You can keep posting about your products frequently. This is one way of getting potential customers.
1. Photo or Video
2. Product Name
3. Category (create a new category or add it to the existing ones)
4. Price (either a fixed price or a price range)
5. Product description
6. CTA like Order online, Buy, Learn More and Get Offer
One more advantageous feature is that Google My Business shows you the brief post insight. What can you get from your Google My Business post summary?
--> Views of the post
Each time you go to the posts section, Google provides a ‘new post views’ analysis and this pertains to the new views that your posts got that week.
Posts are important when it comes to boosting your rank on Google. Google always sends post reminders to your mailbox. So, take advantage of it and upload posts on GMB at the same frequency as you post it on other social media platforms.
The holy grail of SEO, insights or analytics provides you with all the data regarding how customers reach out to you through Google My Business. It gives you reports on-
1. How the customers searched for your business (through direct, discovery or brand)
2. The search queries used by customers to find your business (keywords typed and the number of users for that keyword)
3. If customers viewed it on the search results or map
4. Action taken by customers (visited website, requested for directions, called you)
5. Photo views
6. Competitor analysis for the photo quantity
Remember, these insights are very important for every business to know from where it gets its customers. It even helps them to tweak information to get more potential customers to either visit their website or business location.
Now, Google allows you to get messages from your customers directly on your mobile device. For this, you have to install Google My Business app on your cell phone. One installed, you can view messages directly and respond to them on the go.
Here, you can add your products and services. You need to first name the product collection and then add the products under the collection. You can create as many product collections as you want and add products under it. Take for instance you own a home décor shop.
1. Dining- Product collection
Wood Dining table- Product
Marble-top dining table-Product
2. Living room- Product collection
Sofa set- Product
You organize the products in this way. You can also break it down further depending on how broad your business is.
Another feature is showcasing your product collection as best sellers or fall/spring/summer/winter collection.
In each product, you write the product name, its photo (compulsory) and other additional details (not mandatory) like the product price and description. It allows for a 1000 character description. Try to add keyword-rich product descriptions. After you have filled in the additional details, you can place buttons like-
1. Order online
3. Learn more
4. Get offer
When you opt for any of these buttons, you will have to provide a link for your button. Take for instance, if you opt for Learn More, provide a link to this particular product page on your website.
It goes without saying that many of the businesses are service-based like online classes, beauty parlors, repair services and many more. Such businesses can take advantage of the Services section in their Google My Business profile. The services can be categorized into primary and subcategories inside it. For the sub-category, you can add the price of the service and a 300 character description. Try to include ranking keywords inside the description.
The Menu section is for those businesses that are into the food business or even for spa and salon services. You can list the item, its price and description.
For those of the small businesses who do not want to invest in a website or find it costly to get one done, Google My Business has a solution. It offers you to build a minimalistic website for free. It collates all the data that you have provided in your business account and automatically designs a website when you click on ‘Create a Website’. You can
1. Change themes (the theme is basic with changes allowed in font design and color)
2. Edit text
3. Add photos
4. Change language (In ‘Settings’)
Once you are satisfied with the basic website, you can hit on the ‘Publish’ button. This website address will show on your local Google search listing. Remember, Google My Business can show only one website listing. So if you already have your own website, then you have to choose which one needs to be listed.
If you have more local business and your website is in English, you can take advantage of Google My Business free website to create it in the local language. Take for instance your business caters more to the local French population. If you already have a website in English, then publish your Google My Business website in French. List it on the Google My Business page. This will help you connect with the local customers. And, if you feel that it is not helping you get more customers, then there is always the option to ‘Unpublish’ (Settings-> Unpublish) your Google My Business website.
If you need to add more people to manage your Google My Business account, it is possible through this section. Basically, you can add users as-
1. Owners- Owners have all the capabilities as the primary owner but remember, there can be only one primary business owner. Owners can add and remove users and manage everything on Google My Business account.
2. Managers- Managers can also do the same as the owners, but cannot add/remove users and remove the listing.
3. Site managers- They can edit some main business information like address, contact number, working hours. In addition, they can manage posts, respond to reviews and download insights.
To add more users, click on ‘Users’. At the top right corner of the opened page, you will find ‘Add User+’. Click on it. Now, you can enter the email address or name of the user you want to add. Next, select the user’s role (owner, manager, site manager). The user will receive an email and when he clicks on the accept button in the email body, he will be added to your Users list. Google My Business also has provisions for canceling the user request or removing any added user.
Taking advantage of Google My Business for online businesses is easy. Once you complete your GMB profile optimization what remains is consistent post & photo uploading and review management.
Have you optimized your profile on Google My Business? If you want expert help, contact a good digital marketing agency that will help you set up the best profile so that your business comes on the top of the search engine’s rank page.
Google My Business is an online directory. To understand its importance, let us take you back to the good old days of the humble telephone.
Remember your telephone directory or the yellow pages that were your utmost means of local search guide. You wanted the services of an AC repair technician; you frantically paced through the telephone directory for one.
Times have changed, but our necessities remain the same. Of course, you have mobile devices to store important numbers.
But, your local search in the telephone directory has been effectively replaced with the Google search.
“Restaurants near me”
“AC repair near me”
“Playgroup near me”
Google has an answer to anything and everything. So, if your business is to get listed on the Google local search results, registering it in Google My Business is the answer.
Here, we present to you some facts about local searches on Google:-
1. 88% of the consumers, who have searched for a local business, take action within the next 24 hours. They either call or follow it up with a business visit.
2. 46% of Google searches are for local business information.
3. 97% of people rely on searches for local business information.
4. 92% of the people will opt for results on the first page of the results.
5. Local search is 300% more effective than social media searches.
6. 70% of the customers search for the location on the map before visiting the store.
All of these statistics show that local searches are very important.
But the sad fact remains that more than 55% of the local stores never bother to list their services on Google. And even more surprising is that many just register their business on Google with minimum details and leave it as it is.
Folks, know that Google My Business is FREE. Registering your business on Google My Business is easy. Optimizing the profile and leveraging it to your advantage is even easier.
Do not believe it? We will decipher the optimizing techniques step-by-step in the next article so that by the end of it you will have a completed profile in Google My Business.
So, we are doing a two-part series article. This first article is on the process of registration and verification on Google My Business. The next article will cover Google My Business profile optimization techniques.
Let us get started with the registration and verification processes right away.
Let us start with Google My Business registration first.
The foremost criterion is to have your Google account. Create one, if you are not using Google services. You will have a lot of benefits with your Google account with access to Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, Contacts and much more.
Open Google My Business page. You will find a Sign-In button on the top right corner of the page. Click on it and sign in using your Google account.
Now, the official registration of your business with Google starts. You have to enter the following details:
1. Name of your business
2. Business address (Be precise because you will receive a Google My Business verification PIN by post on this address)
3. Business location on Google Maps (If you do not want to enter your business address, you can list your service areas and click “I deliver goods and services to my customers”. You have the option of hiding the address and displaying only the delivery area.)
4. Search and click on the business category (Be cautious while selecting because this will be your business identity for Google to display your listing for the search query result. You can add more specific categories later)
5. Contact number
6. Website URL (optional). In case you do not have any business website, you have the option of creating a free one here)
The last part of the registration process is verification. Usually, it is by the ‘postcard by mail method’. Here, you have to fill your contact name and cross-check if the address is right. Click on the ‘Mail’ button. You will receive your verification PIN by post on your business address within a week. Do not change any of the entered details until you receive your post. This could delay the process.
Very rarely, you may get the option of verification by phone or email. If you are the lucky one, do not hesitate to click on it because your verification code reaches you instantly.
Once you have the verification code in hand (by post), log in to Google My Business. Click on ‘Verify Now’ button. Enter the five-digit PIN and click on ‘Submit’.
Note: In case of multiple locations, select the location you want to verify and then submit the PIN.
Yes, now you have successfully registered your business on Google My Business.
Congratulations, with the registration and verification you have successfully created your listing on Google My Business. A Google Maps location is either generated or an existing one is synchronized with the Google Search for easy search and access.
Next, comes the profile optimization part. This will be described in the second article. Remember to read the article on Google My Business profile optimization if you want your business to rank in the Google local search results.
Google My Business is a great way to stay connected with your local customers and boost your local SEO. With social media accounts under the scanner for data privacy issues, it makes sense to stay in touch with the local people through local listings.
A must for small businesses, Google My Business is free and cost-effective. Have you registered your business in Google My Business? If you want help to register your business on Google, consult an expert to do so. Get the right start and see how you can increase your reach.
How to get more genuine followers on social media like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok?
This question still haunts many of the small businesses and startups. No, you don’t need paid campaigns to get more followers. It is possible to get loyal followers on your social media accounts with simple strategies.
Here, we list some of the best social media strategies to gain genuine followers.
1. Identify Audience- The first step in your social media strategy is to identify your target audience. Identify the key factors like their age, gender, location, preference, job, interests, etc.
2. The Right Social Media Platform- It makes no sense to be active on Twitter if most of your target audience hangs on Instagram. Identify which of the social media platforms your audience prefers.
3. Preference of your target audience- Once you make a list of your audience’s social media platforms, understand the type of posts they prefer. Do they prefer informative, humorous, light, or serious stuff? Your future posts will be based on their likings and preferences.
4. Target audience- Do not go for quick hacks like acquiring paid followers through third-party tools. Keep your posts consistent, creative and engaging. You will gain natural followers over a period of time who will develop an affinity to your brand.
5. Research- The internet gives you many examples of enterprises that have succeeded in getting more followers through their successful social media campaigns. Follow their story and learn from their strategies.
6. Competitor Analysis- Believe us, snooping on your competitor profiles helps you to get ideas. Collect as much as data possible about their follower preferences and the types of campaign creation.
7. Campaign Objective and Goals- Identify your campaign objective. Of course, it is to get more genuine followers. Also, consider promoting your new product or compelling them to visit your website for purchases. Once you have identified your objective, design your campaign to achieve this goal.
8. Strategies for each social media channel- You need to work on each channel individually and follow the best practices to ensure that you maximize your results. For instance, photos work best on Instagram while the video format is popular on TikTok and YouTube.
9. SMO- Your profile on social media platforms should be up to date. If you are using a business account, you can use additional features provided to list and sell your products online or at least generate inquiries. Posts should not be limited to feeds or timelines only. Take, for instance, Instagram. Make active use of tools provided like stories, feeds, highlights, hashtags, live videos, etc to reach the maximum audience.
10. Upload Content- Be original, be creative. Post on trending topics. Understand your audience preferences before you post. Let the image quality be good. If your posts are boring and not of ‘agency’ quality, you will gradually start losing your followers.
11. Optimize Posts- LinkedIn has the ‘alt image’ option for the image you have uploaded. Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok work on hashtags. Facebook provides location tagging, CTA buttons, tagging, links, etc that works to our advantage. Use appropriate tools on each social media channel to optimize your posts and increase visibility.
12. Uploading Frequency- Consistency is the key when you want to increase your followers and keep them engaged. It cannot be that you post on one day and wait till you get good content to post the following week.
→ Facebook- Upload 2-3 daily posts
→ Instagram- 3-4 daily posts with 5 hashtags for each post. Let one of the hashtags be that of your brand.
→ Twitter- Upload at least one tweet daily. Use 5 hashtags for it.
13. Time for uploading- Use analytics of your previous posts to know the time and days when user engagement is the most on your social media account. Schedule the right time to post content.
14. Contests & challenges- Freebies and offers through contests and challenges attract followers. Design a campaign when you launch a new product and involve contests, innovative hashtags, and challenges to increase followers and awareness for the product.
15. Use social media tools- Tools like Twello and Hootsuite help you to manage multiple social media accounts. It simplifies your social media efforts and helps you to take a disciplined approach to schedule posts.
16. Video Content- Videos on social media channels get the highest views. Live videos of a new product launch or videos of unboxing products, product features, product working & its usage, testimonials, events, conference, and interviews help in customer engagement.
17. Influencer marketing- Influencers help to get increased followers through brand awareness. Also, include micro-influencers who have around 10,000- 20,000 followers. These people have a better rate of customer engagement.
18. Share- Create easily shareable content on your social media accounts. Share your blogs, offers, and product link on every social media possible so that viewers get to know of your posts and products.
19. Customer engagement- Be active on your social media. Reply to viewer comments. Solve their queries and do not write in an aggressive tone when they post negative reviews.
20. Group & Forums- Join groups related to your product or niche and actively answer questions there. Drop links to your blogs or website through these forums.
21. Paid campaigns- Paid campaigns are a great way to get initial traction. But before you go for it, optimize your profile, get a decent amount of followers and have a good amount of creative posts on your page.
22. Analyze results and work on it- Be it your paid campaign or posting content, always analyze the results. It gives a good insight into what type of content works. You can work on the results and tweak your campaign to increase your followers.
Work on these social media strategies to gain genuine followers. Be consistent. Love your followers. Understand them. They seek creative stuff that engages them. As long as you keep providing them interesting posts, they will not only follow your profile but also promote your brand. We have the best value-driven social media plans to help in increasing genuine followers who will stay with you forever.
To call Surat as a shopper’s paradise would be an understatement. Textiles are the cheapest here and you get it in loads. Do you love diamond-studded jewelry? Surat is the place to go for it. And do not forget to fill your tummy with the yummiest Surti food. So, what are we waiting for?
1. Ghoddod Road
Considered the shopping area of the elite and youngsters, Ghoddod Road in Surat is bustling with shoppers throughout the day. You get good picks at Rangeela Park, Regent Mall, and Jolly Arcade. This road also has a lot of jewelry shops lined that sell beautiful gold and diamond-studded ornaments.
2. Dumas Road
It will not be wrong if we say that the whole of Surat descends here during weekends. The Dumas Road stretch has malls lined up- VR Mall, Central, RahulRaj, Big Bazaar, and ISKON. It is worth your time every weekend.
3. Textile Market
Get inside any textile market located in Ring Road and be sure that you will come out only when it gets dark. But we bet that your shopping will not be over even by then. Bombay Market, New Bombay Market, Radhe Krishna Market, Abhinandan Market- you have many markets in the Ring Road stretch that will serve your purpose of textile shopping.
Adajan area has been steadily on the rise and it is no surprise that it is soon becoming a shopper’s delight. You have the Imperial Square Mall, Dhanmora Complex, Prime Arcade, Marvella Business Hub, Shivalik Western, Shreeji Arcade, and Sai Square Shopping Center to name a few.
5. Chauta Bazaar, Chautapul
One of the oldest shopping streets, Chauta Bazaar still holds relevance in today’s date. The onslaught of shopping malls has not decreased the charm of street shopping and Chauta Bazaar is ample proof to it.
6. Sahara Darwaja
You are sure to get spoilt for choices here in Sahara Darwaja. From sarees to dress materials, this area has shops that sell the latest designs at affordable rates. Be ready for an explosion of color and variety.
7. Ravivaari Bazaar, Makaipool
This market sets up only on Sundays and you are sure to find a lot of items at the cheapest prices here. From clothes to utensils, from decorative items to shoes, this temporary market has it all.
8. Janta Bazaar
This bazaar in Surat is where you get cheap electronic goods like mobiles and its accessories including a host of other routine electronic wares. The lanes here at the main city center are a delight for those who love to shop for electronics.
9. Zampa Bazaar, Bhagal Char Rasta
If you are a good fashion designer, try shopping at Zampa Bazaar for laces, borders, and all that is needed to make your saree look more beautiful at wholesale prices.
10. Baroda Prestige, Varachha
How can your shopping be complete without imitation jewelry and accessories? Head to Baroda Prestige in Varachha and be ready to bargain for your pick. But be sure that you shop your heart full here.
This is it about our top 10 places to shop in Surat. Any person who visits Surat goes back with loads of memories (and shopping bags too) !!!
Well, we guess shopping never ends in Surat. We are sure even you would agree on this.
As clichéd as it may sound, but you cannot deny the fact that the content of your website is vital to the search engine ranking.
But how will customers come to you when there are millions of websites offering similar content?
It is simple, your content has to be first brought to the notice of the search engine bots or it has to be search optimized.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is like a window to the outside world. Without it, your website has no value.
Having an e-commerce website forms one aspect of online marketing. But reaching out to customers and the ways to do it forms the core of any content optimization initiative.
We have listed 25 important website content optimization techniques for better reach and ranking.
Content is indeed the king. Period. Let us see some content optimization techniques here.
1. User-Value Content
We cannot stress enough that you need to write what the customer wants. When you do that your customers will reward you in the form of shares and clicks. This will automatically rank you higher in the SERPs.
2. Keyword-induced content
Before you start writing, know what your viewers are searching through keyword research. Get all the related keywords that can be infused in your content so that it is a healthy combination of what the viewers need and targeted keywords.
3. Targeted Keywords
The best way to know better about the targeted keywords is by bidding on some keywords in Google Ads. This gives you a fair idea about the traffic driven to that keyword and also the other alternatives.
4. Long-tail Keywords (Deep content)
Intelligent machine analysis now understands deep content. So Google will definitely rank pages that include long-tail keywords or have actual content in it.
5. Content Length
Lengthy content of about 1500-2000 words per page is still significant as per the Google ranking guideline. Articles that give valid answers to user queries attract more users and social shares.
6. Title & Meta tags
Write a small title that matches with what the users might be searching for. A keyword-induced title will also help you get better searches.
7. Recontenting blogs
Consistently update the old blogs of your website by adding the latest news. Take a few related short blogs and combine them into one.
Shares and links form an important content optimization technique to reach out to more customers and the way to go about it is written here.
8. Shares on social media platforms
Generate as many backlinks as possible to your website homepage. The best way to generate backlinks is to share it on various social media platforms.
9. Community involvement
Your content should have lasting value. You can provide it by encouraging forum discussions and conducting online surveys.
10. Retargeting Customers
Channelize customers who are curious about your product. Retargeting content to the potential customers who have had initial interest will give you leads and you earn them back.
11. Social Media Influencers
It is the age of social media influencers. Collaborate with influencers and get your product reviewed from them. Request them to be your guest blogger.
Better content will also earn you the much-desired backlinks from higher ranking websites thus helping your website position.
Visual content forms an integral part of content optimization and if you master its technique, you have better chances of ranking faster.
13. Appealing visual content
Create appealing content like images, memes, videos, animations related to trending topics. This will ensure that your content is searched more and stays at the top of the search pages list.
14. Alt tag on images
The search bots do not consider the text embedded in the images and visual content. So, always place a transcript of the visual content in the description column. The alt tag of your image also helps in content optimization.
15. Image Optimization
Optimize your image before uploading them on the website. Use compression tools to reduce the image file size but keep the quality intact. Use HD-quality images as much as possible.
16. Visual Link sharing
When users use links instead of embedded code of your visual content, it strengthens the chances of rankings.
There are some general content improvement techniques or fixes that count to help your website get noticed by the search engine bots.
17. Providing external & internal links
Improve the content by providing internal as well as external links. The links have to be redirected to the top-level pages.
18. Multiple language translations
Google rewards websites that have multiple language translation options. There are various tools and plugins available to translate the website content into different languages and optimize it.
19. Fast loading pages
Be sure to have a blog page that loads fast so that viewers stay on the page rather than moving back and forth the search pages.
20. SSL encryption
One simple but effective tip is to switch to https protocol. The SSL encryption will make your site secure.
21. Fixing broken links
Fix broken links to increase the chances of your website ranking better.
22. Customization tools
Include customization tools for your users to help streamline experiences and make your site more user-friendly. The search engines are surely going to reward your site for it.
Content analysis is the core to know if there is room for content optimization improvement and each website should pay utmost importance to it.
23. Analyze top-ranking pages
Always observe and learn from the top-ranking pages to know how they market a good trending content.
24. Competitor Analysis
Study the competitor website to know what users like or dislike in their products/services. This will give you insights to pitch your brand against your competitor.
25. Analyzing Bounce rates
Pay attention to the bounce rates. The more the users stay on a particular page, the more chances that it will get ranked higher.
Content optimization is a continuous process. To maintain the relevance of rankings, it is necessary that you work on it without stopping.
Go through the 25 important content optimization techniques listed here. Check all the above boxes as you work on it. Gradually, you will start seeing the results. If you cannot devote time to it, it is better that you hire the services of a digital marketing expert who will work on your website content and optimize it for increased reach.