Native Mobile App or a Hybrid Mobile App? Which is Better?
The biggest and unresolved question when it comes to developing a mobile app is-
Do we go for a native app or a hybrid mobile app?
Native apps are those which are written for specific platforms like Android or iOS. A native app written for Android will not run on iOS mobile. A hybrid mobile app has elements from web applications and is developed for a specific platform. It is a web app wrapped in a native container that loads the information on the page as the user navigates through it.
Let us discuss some points that will help you to decide if you have to go with a native mobile app or a hybrid mobile app-
1. User-experience including performance speed
If your mobile app is for your business, then a hybrid app or Android app will suffice.
But, if you are planning on a gaming mobile app that requires speed and intense animation, go with an Android mobile app or iOS mobile app as per your audience location. High-graphics oriented apps are best when designed as a native app for specific platforms like Android or iOS.
This may sound clichéd, but we all know that user experience can make or break the success of your mobile app. It makes no sense to design a hybrid mobile app just for the heck of it and then go about fixing your app because your users complain of a bad user interface or performance-related issues.
2. Time, resources and cost
One more aspect is the time factor. If you are ready to wait longer, go for a native app.
But, if you want your mobile app ASAP, a hybrid mobile app is the answer. With it, you have to maintain one code base and release it across multiple platforms. You will save on resources and thus the overall cost.
3. Use factor
Another aspect that you can consider is designing a hybrid mobile app first and releasing it in the market to see how much it succeeds. This is also called the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) development technique.
Based on your MVP, you get initial feedback from users and you can improvise on it.
A full feature-loaded native mobile app can be developed later if you feel that your app is getting adequate response from users and it has the potential to succeed in the market.
Even though the initial investment is high for a native mobile app, you stand to gain superior user-experience and functionality.
The mobile app development agency should make their clients aware of the benefits and limitations of both the hybrid app as well as the native app. An Android mobile app or an iOS mobile app should be recommended when strategies and the need for the app are strong and clear and the clients are willing to pay for it.
Native Mobile Apps- Android Mobile App- iOS Mobile App- Benefits & Limitations
It sounds clichéd, but we time and again stress the fact that the original is always better. The same is the case for mobile apps. When it comes to a native Android mobile app and an iOS mobile app, they are always better than hybrid mobile apps. You can read about the benefits and limitations of hybrid (cross-platform) mobile apps here.
Now, let us see the benefits of native mobile apps here.
The native apps use the device built-in features. Hence, they work fast.
The content, structure and visual elements are already stored in the mobile device for a native app. Hence, it is accessible offline too.
You get a good user-experience with a natural-flow feel to it.
Native apps have full control over the image orientation, size, and quality.
It is easy to discover in the App Store.
Native apps have full access to device hardware and software like location, camera, phone book, contacts, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.
They offer better security.
While we have discussed the benefits, let us get a glimpse of the disadvantages of native mobile apps.
Downloading of native apps takes slightly more time due to some additional steps for the users.
Costs of creating native apps are more because separate coding is required for Android and iOS. The maintenance costs are high too. Also, the codebase for each version has to be maintained and updated.
Native apps take up precious space of the mobile device storage.
The development of native apps takes more time.
Native apps require frequent upgrades. Moreover, any fixes or upgrades have to be submitted to the app store first which is time-consuming. After approval, the user needs to update the app to see the changes. Frequent updates may act as a deterrent and the user may simply uninstall the app.
A native mobile app is always preferable to a hybrid mobile app because of its superior user-experience and functionality. After all, our objective to create a mobile app is to enhance customer experience, isn’t it? If you want to design an Android mobile app or iOS mobile app, you can contact our expert mobile app developers.
How to get more genuine followers on social media like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok?
This question still haunts many of the small businesses and startups. No, you don’t need paid campaigns to get more followers. It is possible to get loyal followers on your social media accounts with simple strategies.
Here, we list some of the best social media strategies to gain genuine followers.
1. Identify the audience- The first step in your social media strategy is to identify your target audience. Identify the key factors like their age, gender, location, preference, job, interests, etc.
2. The right social media platform- It makes no sense to be active on Twitter if most of your target audience hangs on Instagram. Identify which of the social media platforms your audience prefers.
3. Preference of your target audience- Once you make a list of your audience’s social media platforms, understand the type of posts they prefer. Do they prefer informative, humorous, light, or serious stuff? Your future posts will be based on their likings and preferences.
4. Target audience- Do not go for quick hacks like acquiring paid followers through third-party tools. Keep your posts consistent, creative and engaging. You will gain natural followers over a period of time who will develop an affinity to your brand.
5. Research- The internet gives you many examples of enterprises that have succeeded in getting more followers through their successful social media campaigns. Follow their story and learn from their strategies.
6. Competitor analysis- Believe us, snooping on your competitor profiles helps you to get ideas. Collect as much as data possible about their follower preferences and the types of campaign creation.
7. Campaign objective and goals- Identify your campaign objective. Of course, it is to get more genuine followers. Also, consider promoting your new product or compelling them to visit your website for purchases. Once you have identified your objective, design your campaign to achieve this goal.
8. Strategies for each social media channel- You need to work on each channel individually and follow the best practices to ensure that you maximize your results. For instance, photos work best on Instagram while the video format is popular on TikTok and YouTube.
9. SMO- Your profile on social media platforms should be up to date. If you are using a business account, you can use additional features provided to list and sell your products online or at least generate inquiries. Posts should not be limited to feeds or timelines only. Take, for instance, Instagram. Make active use of tools provided like stories, feeds, highlights, hashtags, live videos, etc to reach the maximum audience.
10. Upload content- Be original, be creative. Post on trending topics. Understand your audience preferences before you post. Let the image quality be good. If your posts are boring and not of ‘agency’ quality, you will gradually start losing your followers.
11. Optimize posts- LinkedIn has the ‘alt image’ option for the image you have uploaded. Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok work on hashtags. Facebook provides location tagging, CTA buttons, tagging, links, etc that works to our advantage. Use appropriate tools on each social media channel to optimize your posts and increase visibility.
12. Uploading frequency- Consistency is the key when you want to increase your followers and keep them engaged. It cannot be that you post on one day and wait till you get good content to post the following week.
→ Facebook- Upload 2-3 daily posts
→ Instagram- 3-4 daily posts with 5 hashtags for each post. Let one of the hashtags be that of your brand.
→ Twitter- Upload at least one tweet daily. Use 5 hashtags for it.
13. Time for uploading- Use analytics of your previous posts to know the time and days when user engagement is the most on your social media account. Schedule the right time to post content.
14. Contests & challenges- Freebies and offers through contests and challenges attract followers. Design a campaign when you launch a new product and involve contests, innovative hashtags, and challenges to increase followers and awareness for the product.
15. Use social media tools- Tools like Twello and Hootsuite help you to manage multiple social media accounts. It simplifies your social media efforts and helps you to take a disciplined approach to schedule posts.
16. Video content- Videos on social media channels get the highest views. Live videos of a new product launch or videos of unboxing products, product features, product working & its usage, testimonials, events, conference, and interviews help in customer engagement.
17. Influencer marketing- Influencers help to get increased followers through brand awareness. Also, include micro-influencers who have around 10,000- 20,000 followers. These people have a better rate of customer engagement.
18. Share- Create easily shareable content on your social media accounts. Share your blogs, offers, and product link on every social media possible so that viewers get to know of your posts and products.
19. Customer engagement- Be active on your social media. Reply to viewer comments. Solve their queries and do not write in an aggressive tone when they post negative reviews.
20. Group & forums- Join groups related to your product or niche and actively answer questions there. Drop links to your blogs or website through these forums.
21. Paid campaigns- Paid campaigns are a great way to get initial traction. But before you go for it, optimize your profile, get a decent amount of followers and have a good amount of creative posts on your page.
22. Analyze results and work on it- Be it your paid campaign or posting content, always analyze the results. It gives a good insight into what type of content works. You can work on the results and tweak your campaign to increase your followers.
Work on these social media strategies to gain genuine followers. Be consistent. Love your followers. Understand them. They seek creative stuff that engages them. As long as you keep providing them interesting posts, they will not only follow your profile but also promote your brand. We have the best value-driven social media plans to help in increasing genuine followers who will stay with you forever.
You might have heard of the terms sketch, prototype, wireframe, mockup when designing a product/website. All are not the same. These are the 4 different stages of the product design flow in the order-
Sketch -> Wireframe -> Mockup -> Prototype
Let us see the individual processes in the design/development of a product/website.
The first step in the product design is the sketch. It is nothing but a freehand drawing where the ideas in the mind get accumulated on paper or a visual board. It is basically the skeleton or a rough start to the product design. It is just enough to get a basic idea or knowledge about your product and the way the designing process has to continue.
Tools Used- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw
A wireframe is something higher than the sketch. It is a low-fidelity way that deals with structures and layouts. Here the design is conceptualized and all the ideas are incorporated into it. This forms the foundation for the product/website.
Tools Used- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Wireframe.cc, Invision Studio, Figma, Avocode,
This high-fidelity mockup design looks almost like a finished product/website. But it is just the static representation and does not allow for any interactions or clicks. The mockup helps the graphic designer to show their clients the product in a realistic environment.
Tools Used- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Invision Studio, Figma, Avocode
This is akin to the finished product or can be alternately called the beta version of the product/website. Here processes are simulated and interactions are possible. But dummy content is placed and tested to get feedback. This high-fidelity prototype helps to minimize errors so that the product can go into development and get completed without any glitches in the design architecture.
Tools Used- Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Figma, Avocode, Invision Studio
These were the 4 important stages in the design of a product. Each step takes you a step closer to the final product/website design. There is no rigid rule to follow in web designing. It depends on the customer’s requirements and time. But if you want your final product to be successful, it is best that you get it done from graphic design & web design experts.
Surat is synonymous with good food. Imagine having to pick the top 10 foods to eat in Surat. It seems nearly impossible for us. Trust us when we say that we had a tough time listing it.
The best food, your stay at Surat is incomplete if you have not tasted Undhiyu. This lip-smacking dish is now available throughout the year, but nothing can beat the freshness of this delicacy in winter.
Do not be surprised to know that an entire street in winter gets dedicated to selling ponk varieties in Surat. From Ponk vada to bhel, have it with limbu-mari ni sev or lasan sev. This tender Jowar seeds will leave you craving for some more.
Said to be invented by mistake, the Locho dish has made its place permanently in the heart of Surtis. Have it with sev, raw onion and chutney and you will have a tasteful explosion in your mouth.
A local saying goes “Surat nu jaman, Kashi nu maran” meaning you will attain salvation if you eat food in Surat and die in Kashi (Varanasi). So, the best start to taste Surat food is by gorging on the rich Surat thali. Need we say that it will be an awesome experience in itself?
People outside Gujarat may have heard of Dhokla, but many have not heard of Khamni. The Khamani batter is cooked in a kadai and not steamed and this is what differentiates it from the Khaman. A generous amount of sev sprinkled on top and Khamni is ready to be relished and cherished.
In winter, as you start nearing Surat from the Mumbai highway, get ready to notice roadside stalls selling a tasty dish by the name Umbadiyu. This beautiful dish is a combination of simple spices, fresh winter vegetables, and a wild herb baked in an earthen pot. Have it once and the taste will linger on in your mouth for a lifetime.
Navratri or the Chandni Padwa in Gujarat is incomplete without eating Ghari. This sweet delicacy is made of khova, dry fruits, nuts, and loads of ghee. This, undoubtedly, gets a ten on ten in taste.
The Parsi population has had a big influence on the food culture of Surat and the Irani bakeries are standing proof to it. Surat has some old bakeries managed by Parsis and the nankhatai is something that you cannot miss here.
Originated in Surat, Aloo Puri can be had as a tea-time snack. Tiny puris topped with gravy of peas, onions, spices, and chutneys make this snack a most-sought-after food in Surat. You can have it every day and still be wanting some more.
This popular street food is a beautiful combination of Indian and Burmese flavors. The main ingredient is noodles and coconut soup. Have it hot and you will remember this dish every time you think of Surat.
Some more that we would like to include in the top foods to eat in Surat are:
Come to Surat on Dussehra to get a gist of what value Fafda and Jalebi combination holds to the local residents here. People stand in queues to have breakfast of fafda-jalebi on this day and this tradition still continues religiously.
Writing about Surat food is incomplete without mentioning Dhansak dal, Patra ni Machhi, and so on. These delicacies are best had in Parsi hotels in the city. Parsi food is a delight for non-vegetarians since the options are many.
Well, there ain’t any better business like food business in Surat. If you are into it, contact us to build your website for it. We design and develop responsive e-commerce websites including mobile apps for hotels, restaurants, fast-food, caterers and on-demand food services. We also offer digital marketing services inclusive of social media marketing to increase your reach.
Surat is known for fine dining and good eating. Come, be a part of it.
(Note: Photos for images sourced/credited from the internet)
Bootstrapped? Well, isn’t it the story of many startups and e-commerce businesses?
Still, you can have the best marketing strategy and no, it does not require a lot of money.
We will tell you some good effective low-budget e-commerce marketing strategies for startups and businesses that will bring visibility and traffic to your site.
Word-of-mouth referral is an effective time-tested marketing strategy. Reward such customers with offers and discounts and it will not take time for the good word to spread. Testimonials and reviews on Google and social media accounts are by far the most trusted zero-budget marketing tools.
Optimize your content, website, social media profiles so that you can attract heavy traffic to your website. Work on your backlinks and keep posting fresh quality content on your website. It helps when you are consistent in your efforts. SEO rewards are long-term given you do not stop working on it.
Make use of the various available tutorials and informative videos to keep your social media profiles rich in content. Optimize your profiles and make use of the freely available features on the accounts to establish your brand presence. It is easy when you continuously work on it.
Though some might consider emails as ineffective, the statistics show otherwise. Prepare a curated list of potential customers, prepare effective email content, and shoot it off to see the results. Your emails should persuade the receiver to go through it but it should not be invasive.
Content creation includes blog writing, infographics, podcasts, and videos. Creativity is the key when you upload content on your social media profiles. Keep posting regularly, entertain the audience, increase inbound traffic and thus improve your brand reputation.
Google PPC Ads are not necessarily costly provided you select the keyword with high-medium traffic volume but low competition. The social media ads are also effective and help you in targeting the right audience based on age, location, interests, and other factors.
Participate actively in online public forums, groups, and communities that are of your expertise. Not only can you share information but also start to market your products and services gradually. Another way is to sponsor local events keeping your budget in mind so that your brand gets recognized and you achieve a local audience.
If you have maintained your website efficiently and your product is beginning to create some waves in the market, do not hesitate to get in touch with guest bloggers. They promote your products on their websites through blogs or links that will attract increased traffic to your website.
With so many influencers out in the market in every niche, hunt for the one who offers a good bargain. If you have the best bargaining skills, it is not tough to get the best influencer to showcase your products and services.
Online directory submission not only helps customers to find your business but also earns you valuable backlinks. Pay for premium services of only the top directory submission sites if you find them valuable for your local business. You can register for free for the rest.
Ecommerce marketing strategies need not necessarily mean high costs. You just have to build solid marketing strategies in your budget. If you do not have one, we will build it for you.